If you hasn’t made it to the dentist before, the child’s first dental visit should take place after the first milk tooth appears in the mouth, which is about 6 month of life. Then for the first time we can talk how to care about your child’s teeth, diet and frequency of future meetings. However, if the child is older, I would like to draw your attention to some important issues:
- We prefer and try to arrange children visit before noon. Our experience has shown that this is time when children co-operate most. They have most power because they are not tired after a day of fun. They can get some sleep before the visit. Parents also have more patience, and even I, as a doctor, can give a child the necessary attention during the first visit.
- Do not scare your child by the image of a dentist! Never! Ask your family not to tell their “stories” about their visits to the dental office.
- Tell your child, in general, what the dentist do. Watch your teeth together in a mirror.
- Talk to your child that you go to a dentist who sees if the teeth are healthy. Say that we will need a moment to focus to see his teeth.
- Give your child time to get used to the new situation. Each child requires an individual approach. The fact that your friend’s child could not manage the situation, does not mean that it will be so in your case.
- Do not think about your own fears. Your child does not have experience. Think about first visit as a normal meeting.
- Do not promise rewards, do not scare with punishment… It destroys child’s intrinsic motivation.
- Please think positive because WE INVITE you, and we want you to feel good.
- If you have questions, write them down because you can always write or call us to dispel your doubts. If you want to contact us without children because you think it will give you a greater sense of security, please contact us and we will think how go through this visit.
- Familiarize yourself with the content of this website.
- Take soft toy that can play the role of a patient (for example a bigger bear).
- Take the tooth brush and toothpaste.
- Teach your child from an early age and encourage taking care of their teeth and appropriating for the age of the consequences of negligence translator.
- Calling for the appointment visits, try to do it without presence of your child at this conversation, because our experience shows that our first conversation focused on your fears. If you have any questions, wright them down. If you think that contacting us on your own, without child, will give you a greater sense of security and you think that this visit will run quieter, please contact us.
- If there are things that you do not want to talk about with a child (adoption, two different home addresses in the event of separation / divorce), please inform us in advance. If there are issues such as the state religion, we are also open to such information, and we can modify our conversation with the child.
- If your child takes care of a nanny or grandparents, you can invite them to the first visit too.
- Take your child with you to your dental visits. Let your child see that you also take care of your teeth.
- In order not to waste the effort put in during the first visit, we personally watch over future visits with you.
Please do not publish pictures and text from this website as your own. It is against the law.
Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws of 1994 No. 24, item. 83)